The Last Enchantment !-- Ne

The Last Enchantment

Wednesday, October 04, 2006


" I honestly do wonder, without wishing to be morbid, how I reached this present pass. So far as I can ever remember of my youth , I chose the secret road because it seemed to lead straightest and furthest toward my country's goal. The enemy in those days was someone we could point at and read about in the papers. Today, all I know is that I have learned to interpret the whole of life in terms of conspiracy. That is the sword I have lived by, and as I look around me now I see that it is the sword that I shall die by as well. These people terrify me, but I am one of them. If they stab me in the back, then at least that is the judgement of my peers."

5 Comments:

I didn't know your blog was back.

What's she looking at... Book of Kells or summat?

10/18/2006 3:01 am  

No - it's "The Illuminatis".

And this is the "fake" blog.

M.

10/23/2006 9:47 am  

Oh.

10/23/2006 1:02 pm  

Something In Holland triggered a wander through the "Canyons Of My Mind" and a return to the hippy days of the Seventies when I first came across this via the Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson trilogy of the same name.

You dream about owls ; I dream about this sort of thing.

It's a bit like the Da Vinci Code but not dumbed down for half-wits !

M.

10/24/2006 12:32 am  

Hahahah! Liked that last comment.

10/24/2006 3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home