The Last Enchantment: Whatever Would Robert Have Said ? !-- Ne

The Last Enchantment

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Whatever Would Robert Have Said ?



Dear Robert,

Hi - how are things ? Long time, no see although I'm told that you look in here from time to time to see what I'm up to. I'm well thank-you.

Remember this picture ? You should do because you pressed the button on the camera that took it. Happy days ; a stroll in the sunshine, a drink in one of our favourite pubs in the world. The date, incidentally, is 4 June 2006.

There's only one problem with this happy picture. We were both lying to each other. Perhaps "lying" is too strong a word. I was being economical with the truth. You were with-holding a piece of vital information. We were deceiving each other.

We need to put this right Robert and I have no way to contact you at present whereas you have my email address, my phone number and access to this blog.

We need to get together early in the New Year, in London if necessary, and get smashed and talk things through. We've fucked each other over before and we'll probably do it again but this thing needs to be sorted out.

I now know everything and I completely understand your situation. You may or may not know that my situation is not the same. You are forgiven completely.

Get in touch please : let's not blow 33 years of friendship because we're both stubborn, stupid bastards every once in a while.

Have A Good Xmas (sincerely),

Your Friend,

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home