The Last Enchantment !-- Ne

The Last Enchantment

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Shmoop put me on the spot for this one (!) so here you are :

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open it to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig around for that "cool" or "intellectual" book on your shelves (I know you were thinking about it).


" The walls were mosaics and frescoes improving on Pompeii's finest discoveries (Pompeii's art, after all, was not trimmed with real Russian gold); the counters of the full-service bars were made of Italian marble inlaid with Spanish silver. Every seat in the house was crushed velvet. When construction was complete, Albee stood on the stage and said, of the impeccable acoustics, " This is where we can hear the Lord himself whisper."

One unfortunate quirk to the theatre was the set of murals donated by the forty families on Greenway's social registry."


There you go. And now - over to Tam Lin I think !

M.

8 Comments:

It's fiction Zeek - although the story is loosely based around a real "larger than life" legendary character.

M.

11/17/2006 3:27 pm  

You got me Merlin.

11/21/2006 4:25 am  

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/21/2006 6:40 am  

Must be Gerald's Game then by Stephen King?

11/26/2006 10:13 am  

It's "Carter Beats The Devil" by Glenn Gold. I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago and then I decided I'd like to re-read parts of it so it was the nearest book to me at the time.

It's loosely modelled on Houdini.

M.

11/27/2006 12:53 am  

I never woulda thunk it.

12/04/2006 6:43 pm  

"Thunk!" What's "thunk" ?

It's a nice book if you havn't read it. Helped me feel high when I was feeling low.

M.

12/08/2006 2:31 pm  

Thunk is something we Yanks say when we are being self-deprecating.

12/22/2006 3:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home