The Last Enchantment: For Gary : A Man For All Seasons. !-- Ne

The Last Enchantment

Saturday, January 06, 2007

For Gary : A Man For All Seasons.



That's very neat. But look now . . . If we lived in a State where virtue was profitable, common sense would make us good, and greed would make us saintly. And we'd live like animals or angels in the happy land that needs no heroes. But since in fact we see that avarice, anger, envy, pride, sloth, lust and stupidity commonly profit far beyond humility, chastity, fortitude, justice and thought, and have to choose, to be human at all . . . why then perhaps we must stand fast a little-even at the risk of being heroes.

30 years my friend and still I remain beyond belief .

6 Comments:

Merlin, I think you asked a while back where I live. It's northern Nevada, by Lake Tahoe.

I love these photographs. Are they yours?

1/08/2007 7:49 pm  

Lillian,

The photos of me are mine.

The others are "borrowed" !

I wondered why I'd heard of Lake Tahoe but I now know that it's a Ski Resort.

Do you ski ?

M.

1/09/2007 12:37 am  

Um. No. But I like to look at the snow.

And I attempt to snowboard, but really I just fall down a lot.

Lovely pics.

1/10/2007 9:49 pm  

Yep - somehow I can imagine that you're the type of person who falls down a lot.

We don't get much snow in South Wales any more - blame it on global warming. I never did like it much anyway.

Beautiful snow caps on the Atlas Mountains in December though and that's in Africa .

M.

1/11/2007 12:48 am  

I am so jealous of your travels. Green I tell you.

The ditance for you to go to Greece would be me (from New Jersey) going to Florida or therebouts, but yours is much more interesting.

1/12/2007 7:33 am  

Amsterdam (again) next month and
thats about a 2 hour journey from my front door. (Dont fancy Greece much).

Suffered from terrible travel fever all my life (except for the bit in the middle when I was married!).

M.

1/12/2007 7:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home