The Last Enchantment: The Fool On The Hill. !-- Ne

The Last Enchantment

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Fool On The Hill.

So this is where he came to hide
When he ran from you
In a private detectives overcoat
And dirty dead mans shoes

The pretty things of Knightsbridge
Lying for a minister of state
It's a far cry from the nod and wink
Here at Traitors Gate

Cause the high heel he used to be has been ground down
And he listens for the footsteps that would follow him around

To murder my love is a crime
But will you still love
A man out of time ?

Theres a tuppeny hapenny millionaire
Looking for a fourpenny one
With a tight grip on the short hairs
Of the public imagination

But for his private wife and kids somehow
Real life becomes a rumour
Days of Dutch courage
Just three French letters and a German sense of humour

He's got a mind like a sewer and a heart like a fridge
He stands to be insulted and he pays for the privilege

To murder my love is a crime
But will you still love
A man out of time ?

The biggest wheels of industry
Retire sharp and short
And the after dinner overtures
Are nothing but an after thought
Somebodys creeping in the kitchen
There's a reputation to be made
Whose nerves are always on a knifes edge
Who's up late polishing the blade ?

Love is always scarpering or cowering or fawning
You drink yourself insensitive and hate yourself in the morning

To murder my love is a crime
But will you still love
A man out of time ?

6 Comments:

Nice picture & great poem! Feels like I know it from somewhere...


RYC: I'll let you know as soon as I see them in shops! LOL

3/31/2007 7:30 am  

The poem is exactly the same age as you - by my calculations.

So you can't buy them in the shops yet ? Bugger - I love embarrassing shop assistants.

M.

3/31/2007 8:06 am  

How nervous were you in the first 60 minutes of that game?

4-1! Yee effing ha!!!!!

Now let's see if Watford can do the business and pull off a miracle!

3/31/2007 9:02 am  

Karen,

You're psychic ! Join the club ; I was just about to contact you.

I don't know how much more of this I can take !!!!

Have you noticed that this weekend is a mirror image of the F A Cup semi-finals ?

Yeh - c'mon Watford (for this week anyway) and let's hope Vidic is ok.

All The Best,

M.

3/31/2007 9:06 am  

Have you noticed that this weekend is a mirror image of the F A Cup semi-finals?

Yep! Hopefully it bodes well for us, I knew that Blackburn wouldn't come to play football, they're all about trying to take out the other team. 70 yellow cards this season says it all.

I also keep an eye on Sunderland, now that our man is there.

I was happy to see that they beat Crewe today, come on Keano!

I'd love for them to get promoted, it would be interesting to see Keano back at Old Trafford.

3/31/2007 9:44 am  

No they didn't fucking beat Crewe today : they beat fucking Cardiff the bastards.

Not that I care really : Cardiff are pretty dull but at least they're starting to look like a decent side.

And I'd love to see Keano and Sunderland back at Old Trafford as long as they lose !

M.

3/31/2007 4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home