The Last Enchantment: Growing Old Gracefully (Like Hell I Will) !-- Ne

The Last Enchantment

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Growing Old Gracefully (Like Hell I Will)

Almost cut my hair
It happened just the other day
It was getting kind of long
I could have said it was in my way

But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
And I feel like I owe it to someone

Must be because I had the flu for Christmas
And I'm not feeling up to par
It increases my paranoia
Like looking into a mirror and seeing a police car

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
Cos I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it to someone

When I finally get myself together
I'm gonna get down in some of that sweet summer weather
I'm going to find a space inside to laugh
Separate the wheat from the chaff

Cos I feel like I owe it, yeah
Said I feel like I owe it, yeah
You know I feel---- like I owe it yeah to someone

10 Comments:

God I love these fuckers.

1/28/2007 12:05 pm  

This is just David Crosby really.

I was on my way home with Cardiff's answer to Don Corleone in the early hours of this morning and I said to him "You know we're getting too old for this kind of thing dude - it's time to settle down".

There was a 30 second silence then he said "Fuck off you stupid cunt and light this".

I woke up this morning with this song stuck in my head.

Sadly I cut my hair 20 years ago but it's the thought that counts !

M.

1/28/2007 12:44 pm  

I like Stills best. I love his voice. I like the bit at the end of 4 + 20 when he sings "and I find myself wishing that my life simply had more cheese".

Fucking poignant that.

1/29/2007 8:46 am  

You know I wondered what all that stuff about cheese was on your blog and I was too much of a twat to ask.

I prefer Crosby myself but Stills singing "We Are Not Helpless" is beautiful.

Have you heard that ?

1/29/2007 10:18 am  

...and "Wooden Ships" is the other one that really gets to me.

Crosby or Stills ?

M

1/29/2007 10:20 am  

That one is written by Crosby Stills and Paul Kantner (Jeff Airplane).

I love Lee Shore too.

You like Buffalo Springfield?

1/29/2007 10:55 am  

Saw them. Remarkable, really. One of the greatest concert moments ever.

1/29/2007 7:54 pm  

Now I saw Paul Kantner just before Xmas with Jefferson Airplane and the stunning Diana Mangano (remember her?) and of course I used to like Buffalo Springfield. ( Christ - kids trying to act cool !!!!).

Eva,

Do you mean Crosby, Stlls and Nash or Buffalo Springfield ? You're a bit of a "closet hippy" really aren't you ?


M.

1/30/2007 12:17 am  

Saw Crosby, Stills and Nash. And Young on his own, which was wonderful. And I'm out of the closet. :)

1/30/2007 6:49 am  

If only we'd met 30 years ago Eva : ah.....you'd have been 5 then.

Oh well....maybe in the next life.

(And I've seen Hendrix : you havn't).

M.

1/30/2007 11:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home